Sticky date pudding:
- 4 eggs
- 110g butter
- 360g sugar
- 360g dates
- 360g flour
- 500ml water
- 2tsp bicarb soda
- 300g brown sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 70g butter
- 1 tsp Navilla vanilla extract
- Deseed dates and cut into ruff chunks
- Combine water and dates in a saucepan and place on the stove over a medium/high heat. Once dates have reached a boil place bicarb soda, mix and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170°C, Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Sift flour into butter, sugar and egg mix and gently fold.
- Pour date mixture into the flour mix and fold until combined.
- Bake for 35 min or until you can put a toothpick into the cake and it comes out clean.
- Bring butter and sugar together over a medium heat until combined.
- Add cream and vanilla and bring to the boil.